- Personalized whiskey recommendations in an app
- easy to use, create a special flavor profile, save favorites
"it's like a well-curated music feed, but for booze"...
A fan of whiskey? Than this is one app you NEED to download! You can get a personalized whiskey recommendation for any situation. The free Distiller app has updated features that give the whiskey adventurous a deep understanding of the vast and varied world of whiskey, through a seamless mobile interface. Via this app you can now opt to specify by price point and type of whiskey they’re looking for, such as “scotch under $50” or simply, “something to sip by the fire.” You can also Rate bottles, take notes, then save to your own Top Shelf to reference later on. And create a special flavor profile!
"With expert ratings and thousands of data points, it's like a well-curated music feed, but for booze.” -- Gizmodo.com
One of The Next Web's 15 Best New Apps of February
Distiller is your companion, guide, and collection as you grow the whiskey side of your life. Get a personalized whiskey recommendation for any situation, whether you’re at a bar with your friends, growing your personal collection, discovering a new flavor, or giving a gift. We go beyond the label to offer suggestions based on your tastes matched with the unique characteristics of each bottle.
• Personalized recommendations
• Rate bottles for tailored whiskey suggestions
• Add favorites to your Top Shelf
• Share your list as a not-so-subtle hint for the perfect gift!
• Write your own tasting notes to document your whiskey journey
• Unique Distiller Rating from our Tasting Table whiskey expert panel
Distiller’s proprietary algorithm analyzes tens-of-thousands of data points across the complex flavors of whiskey along with the more discoverable attributes like price, reputation, and even "giftability". This algorithm produces the Distiller Flavor Profile, a new way of visualizing the whiskey’s flavor notes, and compares it to other bottles to help you find your best match.
July 29, 2014, 9:50 p.m.